The window of time before the holidays holds awesome opportunity to re-evaluate the style in your home. After all, guests are on their way, and while how your home looks isn’t the most important part of the holidays, it feels good to have a place that people are excited to see and that you are excited to display.
If we zoom in a little on the spaces that are particularly important during this season, I think the vote is unanimous that the kitchen gets the MVP award. So, let’s think about some ideas that can spruce up and inject some fresh styling into your kitchen, but also are manageable.
Little Kitchen Style Changes Make a Big Difference
- Artwork – Choose a painting or two with the right colors for your kitchen, but that are not cooking-related. For example, most artwork in kitchens has to do with food (loaves of bread, fresh apples, sliced fruit, etc…). A photo or painting that could be displayed anywhere in the house, on the other hand, will be an elegant touch.
- Rug – Practically speaking, a rug in a kitchen sounds like a dangerous idea (think spills and splatters). But this doesn’t need to be a large rug, and it also can be in a lower-traffic spot in the kitchen rather than right by the blender. Or, try an indoor/outdoor rug that is designed to be scrubbed and often is stain-resistant. This is a great way to add a fresh pop of color (bold, chevron patterns are popular!), and tie together the palette in the room.
- Paint a Wall – Even if you don’t paint the entire kitchen, even one accent wall is a manageable project that breathes some fresh air into your styling.
- Glass Cabinet – Do you have a prized set of dishes in a certain cabinet? Why not switch just those cabinet doors with glass to show them off?
- Cabinet Painting – Compared to a traditional replacement, cabinet painting is a budget-friendly way to make a radical difference in your kitchen.
- Swap Your Counter Stools – Trying a new set of raised chairs or stools is not a major time investment, but it does add the feeling of new, fresh style.
Do You Need the Help of a Professional Painting Company?
Whether you live in Arroyo Grande, Avila Beach, or anywhere on the Central Coast, we are ready to help you with your interior or exterior painting project. We would love to put our services to work for you!